The Manager oversees the management of the data operations for a sub-team of equity fundamental data that powers the Morningstar products and platforms. Typically the Manager works closely with his or her Team Leads, as well as with the on-shore-based stakeholders to insure all roles are properly staffed, high-quality research is completed to process and the team has the necessary tools, trainings, and support to meet the stated goals and objectives. This position would report to a Senior Manager in the India Equity Data Operations team based in Mumbai
General Job Responsibilities
- Participates in the execution of hiring plans to manage a team of 30-40+ researchers and 2-3 leads including initiating recruiting/relaying with HR, interviewing and selecting candidates, scheduling training batches, evaluating trainees, arranging team placement and communicating all the associated information to all stakeholders.
- Ensures the team is operating under the most effective structure. Identifies and develops talent, making necessary shifts to put the right people in the right roles.
- Ensures entire team has the tools and resources needed to meet their own personal goals.
- Acts as main point of contact/manager for his or her entire team for all questions, comments and concerns.
- Monitors metrics dashboards and ensures consistent usage of the tools by all Team Leads.
- Tracks, measures and reports on agreed daily, monthly and quarterly metrics to the all stakeholders.
- Provides coaching, mentorship and training to others on the team as appropriate and according to the specific needs of the individual and the group.
- Identifies areas for improvement across the team and proactively takes steps to improve upon these weaknesses by offering ideas for individual and group training, and conducting or arranging individual and group training sessions as appropriate.
- Sets goals and priorities for the Team Leads and researchers in consultation with the Senior Manager/Director and ensures performance standards are consistently met or exceeded.
- Effectively motivates and rewards the team insuring good overall morale.
- Conducts performance reviews of each team member and Lead and explains/sets career development paths and opportunities for team members.
- Monitors researcher availability to guarantee minimum staffing requirements are met/exceeded.
Daily Job Responsibilities/Deliverables
- Consult hiring/staffing/budgeting plan, insure staffing is going as planned and make arrangements with necessary parties to accomplish targets laid out.
- Relay with HR team on status of hiring initiatives, communicate positions to be filled and timeline for acquisition of talent.
- Interview and select candidates.
- Hold sessions with Team Leads/full team to communicate any changes, issues, procedures or reminders.
- Communicate any questions, issues or recommendations with regards to process, workflow, technology, methodology, team morale etc. all stakeholders.
- Tally and log attendance, handling any issues that arise.
- Accept/reject leave requests.
- Arrange for job shifts based on daily staffing requirements.
- Provide floor support by answering questions, solving issues that come up throughout the day and observing the dynamics of the team.
- Monitor production and quality for all researchers onsite
- Ensure adequate engagement levels of the staff to drive business results
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area:Financial Services, Banking, Investments, Insurance
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
- Attention to Detail
- Delegation and decision-making
- Methodical Problem Solving Skills
- Analytical (Must be able to interpret data and analytics in an operations environment)
- Excellent Organization Skills (Email, Task Management, Follow-up)
- Ability to Motivate and Build Relationships with Others
- Ability to Both Take and Give Direction & Criticism
- Willing and excited about working with and developing Team Members
- Goal Oriented
- Honesty & Integrity
- Other Requirements
- Prior experience recruiting and managing diverse teams of 70+ people.
- Demonstrated ability to develop talent.
- Eager and ready to work in a high-performance culture.
- Ability to take calls early or late some nights of the week
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor/Masters degree in finance/business with an exceptional academic record
- Professional degree (CA, CFA) preferred
- 9 thru 12 years of professional work experience at various levels of seniority
- Prior experience recruiting and managing diverse teams of 40+ people
- Demonstrated ability to develop talent
- Strong people and project management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with local and international teams
- Proven experience optimizing processes
- Strategic thinking and problem solving
- Interested in financial research
- Eager to work in a high-performance culture
Morningstar India (P) Ltd.
Recruiter Name:Kaustubh Brid
Contact Company:Morningstar India (P) Ltd.