We are hiring for Java Technical Lead position.
Job Location - Vashi
Mandate Skills - Java, J2EE. Spring Hibernate
Good to have - AWS or Azure or Google Cloud
PFB the detailed JD:
Morningstar Commodity Data, a wholly owned subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc., is a leading provider of data, analytics and research. Morning Commodity Data uses patented technology and data management solutions to provide its customers with actionable information primarily in the energy, commodities, and financial sectors. Our clients are among the world`s largest energy firms, utility companies, hedge funds, mutual funds, and banks.
A Lead Data Developer's focus is to work on enhancing and maintaining Morningstar Commodity Data's data warehouse framework and data product offerings while aiding other developers in both development processes and understanding of technologies. You will work with cross functional teams to write and manage tools used to obtain, process, and transform data. This position is based in our Mumbai office.
* Develop new data products and warehousing tools using Java/MySQL/Hibernate/Spring.
* Maintain legacy data products using Java/Oracle/Servlets.
* Research integrating new technologies that may improve both product and process
* Analyse business user requirements and provide technical solutions.
* Communicate with the product/project management and team members about assigned tasks.
* Ensure applications under development meet the defined requirements and pass the user acceptance testing prior to their release.
* Be part of an on-call rotation for after-hours support
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
* Five to ten years of either lead or managerial experience
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
* Ability to explain and mentor others in regard to technologies and best practices
* A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to adapt quickly to new tasks.
* Experience with Java 8 (Java futures, Streaming APIs, functional interfaces, multithreading, Play),
* Linux, Tomcat.
* Two to five years of data mining experience with exposure to data transformation tools such as the SAX and DOM, xml-parsing frameworks
* Expert knowledge of relational database structures and concepts (SQL, MySQL, and Oracle).
* Expert understanding of coding for a multi-threaded environment
* Understanding of the Amazon Web Services EC2 platform and associated technologies is preferred.